Can't get your child to eat veggies? Like to cook food that's healthy, yummy yet quick.
Then here are some ideas for you to try out.
Serves 2 adults (1 pizza each) and 2 children (1/2 pizza each)
Peparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
3 wholemeal pita bread (20 cm)
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup kidney beans (or any other as per your preference) drained & rinsed
1/2 cup capsicum, thinly sliced
1/2 cup diced fresh or tinned pineapple
1 tomato thinly sliced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place bread into oven tray and spread with tomato paste. Arrange all other ingredients over the bread, topping with cheese
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 mins or until golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.
Carrot & Muesli mini muffins (makes 24)
150g self raising flour
150g mixed fruit muesli
180g carrots, grated ( about 2 medium carrots)
100g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
150 ml olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly oil 24-hole mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, muesli, grated carrot and cinnamon powder. Mix to combine.
- Lightly whisk eggs and add to oil. Pour into carrot mixture and mix until just combined. ( Don't over mix)
- Spoon evenly into muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the tin for5 mins before turning out and on wire rack.
GeekySpeaky: Submit Your Site!